On this episode of the Audience podcast, Matt and Stuart talk about the differences and the importance of having a trailer episode or an “Episode 0.” Are they different things? The short answer is yes. The long answer involves the reasoning for using one or the other, as well as the length and content of this initial episode. Depending on the format of your podcast, you may benefit from either having an Episode 0 or a trailer.
Listen in to get tips on how to make both of them well, suggestions on which to use depending on the content of your podcast, and why they are so beneficial. Remember the beauty and the challenge of podcasts: There are no rules but there should be an episode 0.
If you have any questions about this episode or want to get some of the resources we mentioned, head over to Castos.com/podcast. And as always, if you’re enjoying the show please share it with someone who you think would enjoy it as well. It is your continued support that will help us continue to help others. Thank you so much! Never miss another show by subscribing at castos.com/subscribe.
Today you’ll learn about:
- Episode 0 definition and examples
- The hows and whys of an Episode 0 or a “Rally Cry” episode
- Trailer definition and examples
- Why you need one or the other for your podcast
- How Episode 0s helps podcasts as well as podcasters
- “The Voices of Scranton” and “The Watercooler”
- The number of episodes or minutes you need in order to make a trailer
- Can you skip having either of these types of episodes?
- Less is more when it comes to intros
- Stuart’s favorite Trailer and Episode 0
Castos Academy: https://academy.castos.com/
Castos, private podcast: https://academy.castos.com/private/
Castos, website: Castos.com/
Castos, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/castos
Clubhouse video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8729ZpWpmIw